[Ambassadors] LinuxTag hotel (readme if you will attend LT)

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FedoraEvents/LinuxTag/LinuxTag2008/Rooms

Similar to last year, we are in the process of figuring out how many hotel rooms we need to book for LinuxTag.

IT IS CRITICALLY IMPORTANT THAT YOU SIGN UP ON THIS PAGE IF YOU WILL ATTEND LINUXTAG AND WANT A HOTEL ROOM.

Gerold will let people know what the deadline for signing up is -- Gerold, you can just reply to this email with any details I have missed.

Also like last year, once the final number of rooms is booked and we can estimate the total cost, the Fedora Project will be able to inform people of how much we can pay of the hotel bill. Last year, you will remember that Fedora paid the entire hotel bill for LinuxTag. This year, it will depend on the final cost. There is another conference in Berlin the same days, and therefore it is already impossible for us to stay in the Pegasus Hotel again.

Gerold has found a place that is reasonably priced (but more expensive than last year), but that is also MUCH closer to LinuxTag than the Pegasus was.

LinuxTag is going to be an excellent event this year. We have a nice booth, we will have lots of swag, and a variety of talks.

Furthermore, we will have a "Fedora Ambassador Day" that will really involve several night-time meetings of all the Ambassadors, in which we will plan not only for LinuxTag, but also in which I will hopefully be able to lead the creation of our plans for building the European Fedora Community throughout the entire year.

Paul Frields, who has just taken over for me as the overall Fedora Project Leader, will also be at LinuxTag this year. Starting with my trip last year, it will now be tradition that the Fedora Project Leader attends LinuxTag, since it is one of the most important shows in Europe.

I am really looking forward to seeing you all at LinuxTag again this year.

Thanks,
Max