[Ambassadors] idea for *every* event

JoergSimon jsimon at fedoraproject.org
Sun Feb 17 19:34:32 UTC 2008

Am Sonntag, 17. Februar 2008 19:25:57 schrieb Max Spevack:
> (1) A "join Fedora" station.  Somewhere at the booth, there is a
> computer or laptop with a sign on it that says "come here to join the
> Fedora Project" or something like that.  There is one person whose job
> is to talk to folks, get them interested in Fedora, and help them to go
> through the CLA and WikiEditing process.  The success metric is simple:
>     * Did the person leave having set up their Fedora Wiki homepage?
>     * Did the person become a Fedora Ambassador?
>     * Does the person have some idea of what they might like to
> contribute to Fedora?
>     * How many accounts were created at the event?

Most of them need active mentoring beyond a event, maybe we must give them
concrete tasks to find a way to contribute.
In the past we have some examples of Ambassadors in Germany who never realised
what it mean to contribute and abuse trust and make harm to project and other
Ambassadors - see FAD2007 and 2006 in Rheinfelden.

Over all - a good idea and a good thing to raise quantity. We should try this!

CU

--
Jörg Simon
jsimon at fedoraproject.org
Key Fingerprint:
3691 0989 2DCA 58A2 8D1F 2CAC C823 558E 5B5B 5688