Re: [Ambassadors] Fedora Local Language Spins

Rahul Sundaram a écrit :
Hi,

As some of you might be aware already, I am working on several regional language spins and have created a basic set of kickstart files that can be easily reused to create say a Fedora Greek Spin or French Spin or whatever language you use and want to promote. All of the Indian language spins inherit

http://sundaram.fedorapeople.org/spins/livecd-fedora-8-base-desktop-localized.ks

Then merely add the language code, timezone settings and language support. One example is

http://sundaram.fedorapeople.org/spins/livecd-fedora-8-desktop-hindi.ks

This is simple enough and since many of the ambassadors are involved with the L10N efforts in Fedora, I would encourage you to take a look at this and promote spin variants for your local language. If you need any help, feel free to mail to fedora-livecd-list. More information at

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FedoraLiveCD/LiveCDHowTo

If you want to propose the spin officially,

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Infrastructure/CustomSpins

If you need help with the processes, let me know. I am mether on freenode IRC and usually hang out in #fedora-devel, #fedora-india and other channels.

Rahul
Hello,

I'm very interested in making a LiveCD for my native language (French).

Thanks to Rahul's work, I've already rebuilt a spin, which is currently tested by some friends of mine.

I'll be glad to offer my work on Fedora Spins (I had previously built a livecd in French for fc6, but it was hosted only on our fedora-fr.org server).

It will be cool to officialize this method for localization of live spins. Could we achieve a procedure for submitting localized .ks files based on official Fedora live cds ?

Johan