Re: [Ambassadors] Fedora Local Language Spins

On Sun, 24 Feb 2008 22:00:13 -0500 (EST)
Max Spevack <mspevack redhat com> wrote:

> (1) Getting kickstart files that are approved, have good package
> sets, and are updated for the current Fedora release for each event
> that we go to on the Fedora Events wiki page.  Consistency here is
> very important. I think we should use the work that Rahul has already
> been doing, and simply expand it out to French, German, Spanish,
> Italian, Brazilian Portuguese, etc. etc.
>
> (2) Having a central location where we inventory those spins --
> critically important.
>
> (3) For the large events, mass-producing LiveCDs with those spins.
>
> (4) Having those spins locally on machines at the events so that we
> can take people's USB keys and turn them into localized Fedora
> LiveUSBs.

(5) Having long term storage plans for the spins + the sources used to
create the spins

(6) Having enough QA heads to wrap around all these new spins that will
be popping up of mixed package sets / ages

--
Jesse Keating