[Ambassadors] Fedora Belgium

Max Spevack mspevack at redhat.com
Fri Feb 29 21:52:09 UTC 2008

On Fri, 29 Feb 2008, Robert Scheck wrote:

> On Fri, 29 Feb 2008, Frederic Hornain wrote:
>> Does someone could explain me what is the procedure in order to create
>> an official Fedora entity -association- for Belgium as my French or
>> German friends did ?
>
> Sorry, when now being a bit rude, but wouldn't it be better to get at
> least some active ambassadors in Belgium doing more for the Fedora
> community? As far as I remember, there are only less Fedora
> ambassadors in Belgium and one of these less was even unable to
> organize a hotel for us at FOSDEM; we had to do this ourself... :-(
>
> Anway...the "German friends" founded a EMEA-wide NPO to be registered
> in Germany, which is not only in Germany or only for German ones, it
> is for the whole EMEA! Please participiate in Fedora EMEA and help
> us...

I encourage everyone to re-read my response on this thread and think
about how we can continue to work together as a EUROPEAN COMMUNITY and
not worry about individual countries.

The Fedora EMEA NPO can serve *everyone*, and I will certainly make it
my job to think about all of Europe, not just individual parts of it.

--Max