[Ambassadors] Ambassadors Meeting EMEA - IRC Summary 2008-01-16

FAmSCo

FAmSCo election is over. he members are RodrigoPadula, ThomasCanniot, FrancescoUgolini, FabianAffolter, JeffreyTadlock, AndreasRau, and JohnBabich. FrancescoUgolini will be the chair. FabianAffolter will be the vice-chair.

Refer to this page if you want do know about the votes
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Ambassadors/SteeringCommittee/Meetings/2008-01-12

Ambassadors Membership

2008-01-15, 292 Ambassadors have been verified (signed CLA and joined 'ambassadors' group).

There is a FAmSCo proposal of cleaning-up the the list. Chitlesh made a first start in 2006 and maybe we are going to continue. It's not a about "active vs. inactive", only about to delete very old request for being an ambdassador

There is no list about the probationary period of ambassadors.

Events

Linux Solutions at Paris
Everything is getting ready slowly as usual. But they are ready and will have 8 ambassadors on the booth, which is huge. They are only waiting for DVD from GeroldKa / Max and everything will be perfect.

FOSDEM
There are very cheap hotel in the suburb of Brussels, where MrTom will spend the night with other French Ambassadors. It's also a pitty that we can't stay all together, but OK, it depends on every portmonnaie. But in my eyes THIS is an issue which must be solved by the organizing Ambassadors.

Chemnitzer LinuxTage 2008
They received our approval for a booth. Ambassadors are JoergSimon, RobertScheck, JensKuehnel and a last chance for DanielKretschmer. They will get a OLPC from RH Munich. They have banners and will get 100 DVDs from GeroldKa.

GeroldKa talked this afternoon with FlorianBrand and he trys to get a OLPC for the EMEA Ambassadors from JanWildeboer but he needs his next week for an event. FlorianBrand will inform kital later on, when he kwnos exactly when the OLPC is in Stuttgart.

OpenExpo
Booth has been confirmed and we are enough people to handle the booth. Till now, we have no media and no swag. The plan was to use media from the same order as for the other European events. Posters are ready and we will get banners, too. AlanCox will be there.

Lolug Pillole
Lolug (a week ago) ask him to do a speech about fedora and fedora project. He would like to invite other ambassadors from Italy (maybe from north of Italy), or forward invitation through various local lug mailing lists. He will send an email to fedora-ambassadors ml with event details and I'll start process to request dvds and so on...

NPO

Same status as last year :-) Unfortunately the german departments haven't answered yet.

Social networks

1) increase fedora visibility under some "very used social networks" (linked and flickr in particular...) 2) discover how many “fedora enthusiasts” are over social networks and how many of these read fedora-ambassadors and fedora-mkrt mailing list

Linkedin
If you search “fedora” you can find about 450 people but only 35 are subscribed to fedora group. for the moment we have 3 managers: FrancescoCrippa, PascalCalarco and JonStanley

Facebook
the Fedora Ambassadors group has 4 members; the Fedora Rocks group has: 636members, the Fedora Users group 234 and the Fedora-Linux group 71

Invitation of "VIPs" (like JimWhitehurst or other important people in fedora...Max, Paul, etc...)

Next meeting (so far)

2008-02-13 - 20.00 UTC