Re: [Ambassadors] Resignation from the Ambassadors project.

On Tue, 2008-01-15 at 21:31 +0100, Gerold Kassube wrote:

> ... EVERYBODY, every Ambassador in this world
> has got MORE than 4 (I'm not sure but I think it were SIX) damned weeks
> to selfnominate himself and the courage to tell every of this wonderful
> over 200 Ambassador why they should vote him!

This has been pointed out to me in the past -- every culture handles the
idea of self promotion differently.  For some cultures, stepping forward
from the crowd to promote yourself as a leader is very hard.  For other
cultures, it is common to promote yourself as a leader.

The kind of voting/democracy that we use in Fedora is derived from a
Western history and culture.  We need to keep that in mind.  What we
require of people in order to get into a position of leadership may not
be appropriate in their culture.

No easy solutions, unfortunately ...

- Karsten
--