[Ambassadors] EMEA: Preliminary Statutes

Gerold gerold at lugd.org
Mon Jan 21 11:15:39 UTC 2008

OK,

sorry I'm at work and have no access to my regular mailsystem and account,
but I think I have to reply here and try to describe a little ...

> Le Mon, 21 Jan 2008 02:20:43 +0100,
> red_alert <red_alert at the-psychiatry.ch> a écrit :
>
>> Jeroen van Meeuwen wrote:

>> > Others, please reply with your comments as I'll be watching this
>> > thread very closely and adjust the Statutes with some of the
>> > additions Thomas made unless I hear otherwise.
>>
>> I'm not sure If I understand that right, Thomas - would you give the
>> GMM the quorum even if there's not half the members present? I'd say
>> that's pretty dangerous.
>
> Well I don't think so... I think an association lives thanks to the
> people who feels concerned by it. If more than half of the members are
> away, it would be a problem and maybe you couldn't held a meeting
> before waiting for cleaning up your member base.
> And don't forget there are proxies, normally you could be able to write
> down on a paper and say : "i trust this person he can vote for me" or
> "As i can't come, vote for this people / I agree the decision being
> made".
^^
The law wants that as the board is part of the member and act in the name
of the member, that decissions like "member fee" or what is really
important to decide, is done in the (lets call it) yearly "member-meeting"
in which the members have to fullfill request from the law e.g. yearly
commitment to the financial department etc.

AND if you don't get the percantage you (!!!!!) decide in the statutes are
in person at this meeting you have to announce a second meeting which is,
no more depending on the amount of available members, written in stone.

Let me try to make an example to clear out:

We'll have 100 Users; we decide (by the statutes) that a voting is done,
when 20% of the members vote at a meeting.
So we go ahead, and write a invitation to all members, we meet on January
1st.
So 81 persons of our members are not in front of us (including the board)
at the 1st so we need to invite for a second meeting ....
we invite for 1st of february, ...
unfortunately there are only 10 persons who are coming and voting BUT ...
because this is the second invitation this vote is law.
So it's up to us to define the quote of "how many persons" must attend at
such a meeting (which must be held yearly once) to decide something and
it's up to everybody to attend the invitation (because the timeframe
before the meeting is also given by the statutes) at the first time.
AND the members have every time the possibility to WANT and initiate a
member meeting if they are unsatisfied with the board for example ...

Any questions? Any comments?
Any more explanations? Hopefully in german, because my english is not the
best *bg*

>> Still, I understand your point that organizing a second event is
>> contraproductive. I'd say expand 7.4 to say that there must be a
>> online (maybe over ML or a web-form) poll on the date and place of
>> the GMM. Maybe we should also add that the meeting is only taking
>> place if over 50% of the members announced their participation
>> previously (or maybe 52% to be sure). It's very likely that 50% are
>> at the meeting then and that no second meeting needs to be organized.
>>

> You could. The biggest lug in France sends email to you regularly so as
> to vote online if you can't come.
>
>> On all other points, I agree on what MrTom said.
>>
>> Regards
>> red
>>

> Cheers,
>
> Thomas