[Ambassadors] Warning, www.fedora-ve.org hacked

Juan M. Rodriguez nushio at gmail.com
Thu Jul 3 06:05:49 UTC 2008

2008/7/3 Walter Cervini <wcervini at fedoraproject.org>:

> Today morning fedora-ve.org site was defaced by a stupid hacker Group.
> The fedora Team Venezuela give our apologies for this problem,
> The site will be off to solve this action for some days

As I said on Irc, I'm willing to bet they got in via Joomla, as the site's
portal didn't look like it was updated in ages, they might have exploited an
old bug.

While It is indeed a shame that such a thing happened, I think this teaches
us a lesson in the importance of having all the software properly updated.
While I do not know for a fact that it was indeed hacked via Joomla, I stand
by my theory, as both http://blog.fedora-ve.org, and
http://wiki.fedora-ve.org still stand.

Keep us updated!
--