[Ambassadors] Dipanjan C sent you a special gift

Francesco Ugolini fugolini at fedoraproject.org
Sat Jul 5 17:40:22 UTC 2008

2008/7/5 Dipanjan Chakraborty <chakraborty.dipanjan at gmail.com>:
> I am very sorry for my carelessness. I was trying to forward this mail to
> all my friends, but entirely forgot that the fedora mailing list is also in
> my contacts. This is entirely due to my carelessness and I am to blame. I
> promise to be more careful  in the future.  I deeply appologise to all  that
> I  have offended, and am ready to do all  that is necessary to redress this.
>
> Dipanjan Chakraborty.
>
> 2008/7/5 Mathieu Bridon (bochecha) <bochecha at fedoraproject.org>:
>>
>> Not only did he sent this to both Ambassadors and Marketing ML, but I
>> also received it personally o_O
>>
>> Am I the only one or did he, as I suspect, send it to all his contacts,
>> including Fedora MLs ?
>>

>> Le samedi 05 juillet 2008 à 16:20 +0200, Francesco Ugolini a écrit :
>> > There is a specific policy that don't allow any kind of spam here,
>> > moreover I saw this message in another list.
>> >
>> > I hope this was only a mistake: next time, to guarantee all M-L
>> > members, I or another M-L admin will be forced to remove your email
>> > adress from the list (following the M-L policy rules).
>> >
>> > Regards
>> >
>> > Francesco Ugolini
>> >
>> > --
>>
>> ----------
>>
>> Mathieu Bridon (bochecha)
>> French Fedora Ambassador

Ok, this discussion is closed.

Thank you Dipanjan for your explanation of what is happened, for this
time nothing will happen.

This is an advice for the future: I hope this will not happen again
or, according to M-List rule I will be forced to remove your email
from the list.

I encourage everyone (I know many of you know this better than me),
when you use web services that ask if you want to invite people, not
to give the entire adressbook, expecially, not to give the M-L
addresses and their followers' email adresses too.

Best regards

Francesco Ugolini

p.s. What I said is for the Ambassadors Project Mailing List.