Re: [Ambassadors] Event Budget September 1 - November 30

2008/7/11 Max Spevack <mspevack redhat com>:
Hi Ambassadors,

SHORT VERSION OF ANNOUNCEMENT:

If you are organizing an event that takes place in September, October, or November, and you want budget from FAMSCo, make sure your event is on the FedoraEvents page by August 1.

LONG VERSION OF ANNOUNCEMENT:

We've had a great first half of 2008, and it's time for us to all start thinking about the events that are coming up during Q3, which in Red Hat's timeframe is September 1 - November 30.

As you recall, the process that FAMSCo uses for allocating budget for events is as follows:

One month before the start of the quarter, all events that are (a) listed on the FedoraEvents page and (b) have a specific owner on the FedoraEvents page are allocated budget based on the funds available for that quarter.  Anything not on the FedoraEvents page in time will have to be considered separately by FAMSCo for budget.

       https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FedoraEvents

So, that means anyone who is planning an event for September, October, or November needs to get their event on the FedoraEvents page, and have a sub-page for organization (if necessary) set up by August 1, which is about 3 weeks from now.  My thanks to everyone who already has their events on there.

We're going to start the Events budget for next quarter at $12,000 USD, but past experience has shown us that the number will creep up over time.  Therefore, starting at $12,000 USD gives FAMSCo some "buffer space" for unexpected things that come up.

Please note that FUDCon Brno 2008 has its own separate budget, and funding that event will not come out of FAMSCo's budget.

In addition to thoe events that FAMSCo funds, FAMSCo also will continue to set aside money to specifically support local regions in things like creating swag and producing media.

Thanks for your time and attention.  Keep up the great job representing Fedora!

--Max

hi!

I've add a new event. Everyone can follow it trough here

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FedoraEvents/LatinuxExpo/LatinuxExpo2008

go go, fedora go

--
tatica