[Ambassadors] Very disappointed - What's our role as ambassadors?

wonderer4711 at gmx.de wonderer4711 at gmx.de
Thu Jul 31 09:29:45 UTC 2008

Sílvio Reis schrieb:
> What is our role as ambassadors?
> I think that is promoting the Fedora in our country, am i wrong?
> So I became ambassador to promote Fedora in Portugal.
> But I believe there are ambassadors who don't think this way, at least
> in Portugal.
> As already announced in this list, it will start soon the site for the
> project Fedora Portugal.
> The other 5 Portuguese ambassadors were invited on several occasions
> to participate in the website.
>
> More than a month passed and still not got an answer.
> The point is this: I live in Luxembourg and I am alone in this
> adventure, *should I start the project without any support? *
I don't think so. as some said before YOU ARE NOT ALONE. As you can see
there are many helping hands here. I also can get you in contact with
uni.lu and TUDOR. There you can place permanent Posters, Flyers, etc.
You see, there are many infos that will come...

> The only support I have had, has been the Brazilian ambassadors as
> Eunir Augusto (which made most of the work!), Erick Gomes and Rodrigo
> Padula.
> In Portugal Fedora is unknown, has a bad translation, has no wiki and
> just does not have a community.
> So we urgently need a web site with a forum and a wiki.
Here I want to ask you to use existing Ressources as long as there is no
need for it. You mentioned that you are at this time ONE Ambassador. How
many "Users" or people are "around" you? Or can you imagine how many
this would be? Why do you need another wiki and another Community Site?
Is there REALLY a need for it?
Maybe you can ask the Webmaster of http://www.fedoraforum.org/ if he can
put in another section for Luxemburg. I think you have a Fedora Account,
so you can put up under your wiki-Site some facts or Links to the facts
in the wiki. That can be a first shot of a Startingpoint. Then as
mentioned a little project or event and look how many people come.
> We need to bring together the users, and encouraging more people to
> translate the Fedora.
> With the help of Brazilian ambassadors, the site could start operating
> next month.
> The question is: who will be there?
> That is why I ask your opinion:
> *it is worth starting the site even alone, without the support of
> another 5 Portuguese ambassadors?*
As I said: If i would do such a thing I would look wich ressources I can
allready use for a first start. Think of our 4-Foundations:
*http://tinyurl.com/5ft5qa *Then the rest will come ... as you can see
here ;-)

best regards
Henrik Heigl - wonderer at fedoraproject.org