Re: [Ambassadors] Re: Fedora 9 CD/DVDs

On Thu, 31 Jul 2008, Mathieu Bridon (bochecha) wrote:

Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2008 13:44:03 +0200 (CEST)
From: "Mathieu Bridon (bochecha)" <bochecha fedoraproject org>
To: fedora-ambassadors-list redhat com
Cc: fedora-ambassadors-list redhat com
Subject: Re: [Ambassadors] Re: Fedora 9 CD/DVDs

Gerold -- I don't know if this is on the Ambassadors areas of the wiki
somewhere, but it's very useful information.  If Ambassadors have some
guidelines for how many pieces of media they should consider requesting,
it helps in the overall budget planning as well.

It may not be as simple as saying "1 CD for every {5,10,...} people."
For some small events, it makes sense to have 1 piece of media for each
person.  For some larger ones, the ratio may need to be smaller if we
want to stay within budget!

This would be a useful thing to consider drafting and having the
Ambassador community think about.  I don't think it needs to be an
absolute rule, but rather a guideline for planning.

We could only have a simple page with a recap of each event in this
matter: how much people were there ? How much CDs were given ?

After some time, we could build some empirical rules over those numbers...

This would be an easy solution to set sup, and it would fill very quickly
as we have lots of events all around the world, providing rather good
statistical informations...

Mathieu Bridon (bochecha)
French Fedora Ambassador