[Ambassadors] APAC ambassadors meeting. Do we really need them?

Harish Pillay harish.pillay at gmail.com
Mon Jun 9 13:45:35 UTC 2008

>> Might be some people just ignoring the fedora list, but attending is
>> required but it is not implies that Ambassadors are sleeping.
>
> I Never said that. But the fact is communication is pretty less among us.
>
>> As I know there are good community members from your country (India).
>> Specially Rahul Sundharam  [1] giving good a contribution.
>> Hope you met him at FOSS.IN 2007 :)
>> and the Punjabi Community too. Amanpreet Singh [2] and Jassy Phulewala [3].
>> both of them working for spreding FC on Grate Panjab part from their usual
>> Fedora contribution.
>
> No denying in that. They are doing a great job. Many thanks to them.
> But we need to talk and exchange ideas. Otherwise what could benefit a
> large number of people benefits only a few.

Let's just recognize that we need to chat and let's move on.  A lot of
people have done stuff and we are all thankful for that.

What I would like to see the collective us to achieve is:
a) list out a set of action items in our respective geographies that
promote Fedora and Open Source in general
b) Take ownership and responsibilities of whatever we sign up for.

Shall we just move on and plan for the next chat?  Let's see if it makes sense
for us to have both weekday and weekend chats?

Our challenge here in APAC is that we have 6 time zones to cater to -
from Pakistan to NZ.  Unlike the US or EMEA, we have a bigger challenge.
We also have to work within the connectivity challenge as well.

Harish