Re: [Ambassadors] About registering domains

Hi,
drupal best solution,
fedora tunisia use it, http://fedora-tunisia.org/
you can take www.fedora-indonesia.org if you can't take the other adress

On Fri, Jun 20, 2008 at 10:05 AM, Teseu <teseu fedoraproject org> wrote:
I'm member of projetofedora.org, the official site from Fedora in
Brazil, we use drupal, member also in fedora.org.br (Fedora Comunity),
there is PHP-Nuke (I don't know very much about it) and I'm a manager
in linux-fedora.org with LonelySpooky, also an Ambassador. In this one
we use xoops, I'm more familiar with xoops.

Send me an email when you have the domain, we can discuss the options.

2008/6/20 John Chendra <jchendra gmail com>:

> On Fri, Jun 20, 2008 at 3:12 PM, Teseu <teseu fedoraproject org> wrote:
>>
>> Hi John,
>>
>> If I understand correctly, the domain would be fedoraproject.org.id,
>> right? I'm from Brazil, and here, to register a domain with .br locale
>> weed needed a company (not anymore, they just changed this, any person
>> can do it now). If this list is not the right place (I don't know,
>> just like you), I think the mkt should be, but I believe almost
>> everyone there receive your message as well.
>>
>> If you want to build a site to your people I recomend some kind of cms
>> to do it very quickly and with some cool features. I can give some
>> tips if you get the domain and some help. Here we have at least 3
>> sites like the kind I think you want to make.
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> Teseu
>
> Hi Teseu, thanks for the reply.
> Yes, I'm registering fedoraproject.or.id (not org, .id only use 2 letters
> for organization). The registration is already submitted but there's a
> problem concerning the requirements to register the domain, that is beside a
> copy of my ID-Card, they also need a "Mandate Letter" or something like
> that. According to the officer that e-mailed me, a formal letter/e-mail
> (with fedora logo in it) from the project leader or someone in charge will
> do it. Before, registering .or.id only need a ID-Card copy of the admin, but
> now they need some organization 'stamp' on it :)
>
> For the cms, I'm considering drupal or joomla, but still open for more
> alternatives. What's your site? and thank you for your tips and help offer.
> Will contact you as soon as our site is on the go :)
>
> regards,
> John
> --
> http://john.chendra.net

"...don't underestimate the power of the dark side..."