Re: [Ambassadors] Re: Student partnership program. Extending fedora mentor program to students.

I had talked to the training and placement cell in our college, as I had said earlier. They had asked me to detail the entire process. So I have prepared a draft . There are two documents. One is a letter approaching the college, and the other is a description of fedora. I am attaching both. please check them if any additions or deletions are to be made. Am I entitled to sign the letter?
There's another point, do I write fedora with a small 'f' or a capital 'F'?

Dipanjan Chakraborty

On Tue, Jun 24, 2008 at 5:46 PM, Mathieu Bridon (bochecha) <bochecha fedoraproject org> wrote:
> i do not have a kickstart file
You definitely need one as it basically is the configuration file for your
spin.

> but it would be good to change an existing kickstart file
As I said, some (the one used to create the official spins) are shipped
with livecd-creator. Install it, iirc you'll the find them in
/etc/livecd-creator/

You can easily include a "base-system" kickstart in your own one and
simply change the installed packages. That would be a good start and you
would have your own live spin.

Here is a how-to: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FedoraLiveCD/LiveCDHowTo

You could also have a look at Revisor which is a nice GUI to livecd-creator.

> and ask the artwork team to make new artwork
What are you waiting for ? :)

Maybe creating a SIG might be the best procedure, however I am not really
familiar with this as I am rather new in here ^^.

Mathieu Bridon (bochecha)
French Fedora Ambassador