[Ambassadors] Re: [Famsco-list] F9 Release Day - Fedora 9 Party

Jeffrey Tadlock linux at elfshadow.net
Fri Mar 21 02:03:50 UTC 2008

2008/3/20 Paul W. Frields <stickster at gmail.com>:
>  Just to be crystal clear -- you only need to make a copy of the source
>  RPMs if someone asks for media right there.  Having a couple ready
>  doesn't hurt, but you don't have to make them for anyone who doesn't ask
>  for them.  You can still encourage people to download from
>  fedoraproject.org directly, but if they insist on having media, simply
>  provide it to them.

>From my experience I would encourage having a couple DVDs on hand with
the source just in case.  From booths I have worked in the past I have
had people ask for source and be very interested in whether we had any
source DVDs to hand out.  We have always pointed them to
fedoraproject.org and this did satisfy them in those cases.

With the attention this has obtained in some outlets this past week I
believe it even more likely folks out there will be more tempted to
ask for a source DVD - simply to see if we are following through or
have it available.  I wouldn't anticipate huge numbers of this, but
keeping a couple on hand as Paul mentioned would be wise.

~Jeffrey