[Ambassadors] Re: Co-branding?

JoergSimon jsimon at fedoraproject.org
Wed Mar 26 10:55:08 UTC 2008

Am Mittwoch, 26. März 2008 11:18:33 schrieb Rahul Sundaram:
> Branding is more concerned with marketing. Besides if ambassadors are
> not subscribed to the marketing list, they are not following the
> recommend procedure at
>
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Ambassadors/Join

yes

> We don't
> want to cross post either. Refer
> http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-marketing-list/2007-March/msg00007.ht
>ml

I know the guidelines very well! It was only to shift it to the people who
must deal with the consequences of this issue.
And if you want play this odd guideline game, then you must admit, we don´t
want discuss the same topics again and again! (There are a lot more ... )
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-marketing-list/2007-July/msg00086.html

I want to stop this, because there was enough confusion in the past. And there
are clear guidelines that we are not RedHat - and we don´t want.

i will quote GregdeKoenigsberg:

"The Fedora brand must evolve separately from Red Hat's brand. Fedora is very
important to Red Hat, but Fedora is not Red Hat. It's really crucial to
understand that distinction."

so -1 again.

cheers

--
Jörg Simon
jsimon at fedoraproject.org
Key Fingerprint:
3691 0989 2DCA 58A2 8D1F 2CAC C823 558E 5B5B 5688