[Ambassadors] EMEA Membership Questione

Christoph Wickert christoph.wickert at googlemail.com
Thu May 8 18:10:14 UTC 2008

Thanks everybody for his replies, a special thanks to Jeroen for his
elaborate answer and his thoughts.

Am Donnerstag, den 08.05.2008, 10:34 +0200 schrieb Gerold:
> Just ONE small(er) answer because I'm on work and have not the time to
> respond detailled ...
>
> IT IS NOT MANDATORY TO BE MEMEBER OF FEDORA EMEA e.V. AND IT IS NOT PART
> OF THE AMBASSADORS PROJECT!
>
> If you want to discuss, we can do it here BUT the NPO once again is not
> MANDATORY ...
>

> The NPO starts out of the Ambassador Project and at the moment MOST
> members are also Fedora Ambassador but YOU DON'T NEED TO JOIN!

Gerold, I still see this different and Max's and Jerome's replies seem
to support my point of view: As Max wrote RH wants/needs the NPO because
they need a legal entity they can hand money over [1]. So the money
given by RH is raised money of the EMEA e.v. And as Jeroen wrote only
members of the NPO are allowed to vote EMEA issues [2]. So in the end
the possibility to participate and to make decisions is becoming smaller
for non-NPO-members than it is now for the ambassadors.

> More detailled (I hope) later
>
> Regards
>
> Gerold

Regards,
Christoph

[1] Quoting May from his reply: "The reason why the Fedora EMEA
"non-profit organization" is important is because it is a "legal entity"
that makes it possible for Red Hat to transfer a large chunk of budget
(say, several thousand dollars) directly to that organization, and know
that the money is being accounted for properly, and being spent on
promoting Fedora and community."

[2] Quoting from Jeroen's reply: "When it comes down to voting on
anything however, one is required to be a member -which is a legal
requirement in any country we could have founded the NPO, not our own
policy."