[Ambassadors] EMEA Membership Questione

Robert M. Albrecht romal at fedoraproject.org
Sun May 11 07:03:48 UTC 2008

Hi,

 >> The membership fee is astronomicaly high, thats correct. For many
 >> people or countrys is out of the question. And I think it`s the
 >> highest membership fee I ever saw.
 > The interessting question is, what happens with this money ?
 > The most interesting question is, what do you think is an appropriate
 > membership fee?

  Nope. My question points into the future. If the money is will spend,
  the fee is ok. If the money is not well spend, it`s crap. Every for
  himself has to judge this after one or two years.

  For KDE Cebit Booth or Chaos Communication Congress in Berlin we don`t
  go in a hotel, we rent a flat for a week (400 Euros per week for all 10
  people). Moving more people to a booth than are needed to equip the
  booth may be great fun, but it`s not well spend.

 > Are you just bluntly disagreeing or is this based on every possible
 > argument you could think of?

I`m not disagreeing at all, I just raised a question and did not answer it.

 > How does one, given a low membership fee so that everyone can join,
 > arraign a General Membership Meeting requiring a two-third majority of
 > all votes cast (not just all attendees)?

  In Chaos Computer Club we have a statement, that membership meetings can
  take place via telecommunication. That`s perfectly legal. Moving people
  physically is not a legal requirement.

  cu romal