[Ambassadors] EMEA Membership Questions

Gerold gerold at lugd.org
Thu May 15 14:20:09 UTC 2008

Hi Christop and all other,

hopefully we don't bother you with that never ending discussion but it
seems that there is a really, really big misunderstanding between some
single persons and the Fedora EMEA e.V. which must be discussed here in
public

>> And there can not be a conflict
>> because FESCO, FAMSCO ... - are the rulers, the NPO serve the
>> Fedoraproject
>> for their needs - and must Report it quarterly.
>
> Sorry for asking again, but my question still isn't answered: Is Fedora
> EMEA really bound to FESCO or FAMSCO from a judical point of view? Can
> someone please show me the corresponding words in the EMEA statutes?
> TIA.
^^
ONCE again!
Fedora EMEA e.V. is NOT PART of the Ambassador project and because of
that, FEDORA EMEA isn't bound to any decissions from FAmSCo or any other
SCo of Fedora or on behalb of Red Hat ...
and ALSO ONCE AGAIN: it is _not_ a mandatory membership for!

Fedora EMEA e.V. is bounded on the votes the member make depending on the
Fedora EMEA e.V. targets and audiences.

Nobody needs to sign a membership with us, but we're really happy if YOU
could do so.

>> We live meritocracy, be sure if there are People who do valuable
>> contributions
>> and can not pay the fee we will find a Solution, maybe Sponsors for
>> them.
>
> It's a fact that we already have this situation. Think of Kushal for
> example: No doubt that he is a valuable contributor and if I did not
> offer him a free place to sleep he would not have been able to come to
> Berlin at all. Two days ago he told me that he wont be able to come
> anyway because he did not find a sponsor.
^^
A sponsor for what Christoph?
AS "responsible" for Linuxtag organisation I promise you, that every
Ambassador who is willing to attend Linuxtag will have EXACT the same
amount reserved for LinuxTag. And I decided to propose the accomodation
and asked Max for it, to put these costs into the budget at least to be
fair to everyone!
Maybe you should pay his flight ticket from India to Europe with EUR 1000 :-)
Let's show another way to be fair to everyone: RED HAT should pay every
participant the EUR 1000 for travel plus Hotel (now we take a cheaper one
with let's say EUR 50/day) so we have with 24 attendees right now a
calculation of

24 x EUR 1000 Travel (because we're all valuable contributors)
24 x 5 nights x 50 Euro
-----------------------
TOTAL == EUR 30.000,-

So going ahead and take the 10 EUR from membership you are willing to
spend for Fedora EMEA e.V. we have 10 members (atm) x 10 Euro/year == 100
Euro
Now please have a look again, how big is the sponsorship Fedora EMEA can
do ...

It is really important that we discuss things on the round table maybe
also in native language German ...

Just my (last) 5 Cents

Gerold