[Ambassadors] About Fedora Contribution and probation

JoergSimon jsimon at fedoraproject.org
Sun Nov 16 16:44:44 UTC 2008

Am Sonntag, 16. November 2008 16:41:35 schrieb gnu boi:
> Hi Everybody,
> I am Ujjwol Lamichhane <https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Ujjwol>. In the
> fedora wiki it is written that,
> *------------
> For the first 30 days, the status of a newbie Ambassador will be "on
> probation", during which time they have a chance to prove themselves to the
> group by contributing to the project.
> -------------------
> *What does contributing here means?

Thanks Ujjwol, for bringing this up - we work on better mentoring for new
Ambassadors and your Input shows to me, that this is really needed!

You are a Ambassador right from the Moment you are sponsored with all rights
and responsibilities and if you do not harm to the Fedora Project there is no
reason to kick someone out!

We can help you to find your personal way of being an Ambassador. There are
many possibilities - but it is your way of life who is the key and only you
can decide how you will bring the Fedora Message to the world. A Ambassador
who talks regularly once a week with a new potential Contributor within his
area of life or university is as valuable as a Ambassador who can afford
money for traveling around the world and explore new Fedora-Areas or has a
lot of time to organize a large Event. There is only one rule, keep in touch
with us over Ambassador List from Time to Time and follow our Code of Conduct
nothing more!

Read and explore the Welcome Message where you can find usefull informations,
show up to the Regional IRC Meetings, contact the fellow Ambassadors in your
Region and offer your help to them. Become a active Member of the Team! Tell
us your Idea, your Vision! Explore the Fedora Wiki - to learn more about
other Groups. Look around on IRC #fedora-mktg, #fedora-ambassadors. Enhance
Fedora´s presence - hire more Contributors around you. Learn from the
EventReports that expirienced Contributors should have on their WikiPage.

From what i can read, you do great, with all your activities! And we are happy
to have you on Board!

CU Joerg

--
Joerg (kital) Simon
jsimon at fedoraproject.org
http://kitall.blogspot.com
Key Fingerprint:
3691 0989 2DCA 58A2 8D1F 2CAC C823 558E 5B5B 5688