[Ambassadors] How do you enforce someone to work on something?

Yuan Yijun bbbush.yuan at gmail.com
Mon Nov 17 01:59:52 UTC 2008

Joerg, Chitlesh, Francesco, Susmit,

Thank you all.

I think my email is so vague because I am so confused on the
Ambassador thing. But your lengthy emails have told me what you care
most. Thank you again.

Joerg's PDF is of great help, now I know some updated status about Ambassadors.

And Chitlesh described how to help a new contributor, yes I need such guidance.

Also Chitlesh proposed a very good idea that if we do not have another
work group but rely on Infrastructure team, we can benefit a lot.
Actually pfrields told me the same thing regarding copyright
assignment (on docs list). The website we are constructing is
targeting at Chinese speaking users, is it feasible to ask
Infrastructure team to help a local activity?

Technically, we don't have our own machine, but hosted various
services (forum,news,wiki,etc.) on Bluehost, the maintainance is hard
for them too.

Another concern is here people tends to think CLA is over complicated,
so we use public domain, FDL or CC, and CLA is not a must on the new
website -- but I don't think FP will accept such a job if these
contributors are not signing CLA.

BTW, I wonder how India community got so many Ambassadors, not many
people in China can pass the CLA step and they have complained a lot
to me. Maybe they are too easy to get bored, too impatient, while the
rules are rather complex. I think it will help if all steps are
localized and accompanied with graph or magic wizards...

As Francesco said, "moreover you are asking what FAmSCo could do for
you". Now I wish to know how you organize ambassadors country-wise, or
no such thing at all. Should individual ambassadors contact FAmSCo
directly or not, or is there some one to represent his country? If
there is, then this guy may enforce the others because this guy
controls resource. I ask mainly because I want to know how Ambassador
system work, partly because I do not want to report to such a person
without a good reason.

Thanks!

--
bbbush ^_^