Re: [Ambassadors] Fedora 10 talking points

On Wed, Nov 19, 2008 at 11:25 PM, Francesco Ugolini <fugolini fedoraproject org> wrote:
2008/11/19 Max Spevack <mspevack redhat com>:
> Ambassadors,
>
> Please read this page so that when you discuss Fedora 10 at various events,
> you are familiar with many of the highlights.
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Talking_points_for_F10
>
> Thanks,
> Max

Thank you Max for the link.

Those points are really well-done and, I'm sure, they could be an
helpful hand to cover all the aspect behing F10.

For Release Events Owners, I think you could use those points to make
some slides for the people who will join your events. Maybe a
volunteer could work on a general presentation to give a really big
hands in the RE organization (maybe someone else could localizing it).
Is there anyone?

Regards

Francesco Ugolini

Yes, a general presentation will be a lot of (more) help.

I and our Local LUG in Makassar, Indonesia are now planning a 'distro party', supposed to be a multi release party (together with some other distros), but since there's a certain distro that is not releasing anything in near future, we (my local LUG) decided to call it a "distro party". I'm going to talk for at least 30 minutes in that event, presenting Fedora 10 and it's key features. After the presentations we will held some installfest, for everybody intersted in any certain distro.. a multi installfest..

It's a one-of-a-kind event, probably the first in Indonesia, where users of different distros can sit and discuss together, not only on our differences, but on the same spirit of free software.. the event is planned to be a good introduction for a national Linux Confrence held in my town next year. The event is planned to be held on Sat, Dec 13, and F10 will probably be the 'newest distro in town' compared to other distros in that event.. That will be a great selling point :-)

So, a big thanks to Max for the talking points, that will help me a lot presenting fedora 10 at the event :-)

Regards,

John

--
http://john.chendra.net