Re: [Ambassadors] Release Events - KML file

2008/11/23 Mathieu Bridon (bochecha) <bochecha fedoraproject org>:>> WOW!!!

> Google Maps ? When promoting FOSS and free content, we should use FOSS
> and free content. ;)
>
> I started this some time ago (but I don't have a lot of time to work on
> it):
> http://fedorahosted.org/shomyu
>
> Here is a demo screencast:
> http://bochecha.fedorapeople.org/shomyu.ogg
>
> Any help is obviously welcome :)
>
> Regards,
>

> ----------
>
> Mathieu Bridon (bochecha)
> French Fedora Ambassador

Thank you for the suggestion.

Yes, you are right, I used Google Maps in my map (I know the service
is not OS, but many APIs and other components are Apache licenced).

My work was to create a KML map to be used with all KML compatible
maps. I was in search of a open standard (precisely a OpenGIS approved
standard) that everyone could use: from the new user to the
experienced one.

Hope I've cleared all the doubts about my choice.

Regards

Francesco Ugolini