[Ambassadors] event kit update

David Nalley david at gnsa.us
Mon Oct 27 16:51:18 UTC 2008

On Mon, Oct 27, 2008 at 12:35 PM, Mathieu Bridon (bochecha)
<bochecha at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
>> Just a note that I heard good things about the effect of the event kit
>> for FSOSS in Toronto this last weekend.  The box is in the Red Hat
>> Toronto office, waiting to go wherever it is needed next.  You can
>> contact Andrew Overholt when you know where it needs to go next.
>>
>> When you get it, please find a way to sticker it with your event and/or
>> city, as it is getting to be quite the world traveler. :)
>
> Wouldn't it be wiser to have one in other RedHat offices around the world ?
>
> We are likely to have several events in the same time (think Release
> Parties), so sending the one kit we have around the world is likely to be
> totally inefficient.
>
> Even better, don't rely on RedHat and have one kit for each local team :)

Eventually NA hopes to have 4 of these event boxes - the problem is
that in the end each event box has (or will have) well nigh 1000 USD
worth of equipment in it. Right now there is an XO, there will soon be
an HP 2133 Mininote. The box itself is around 160 dollars, and then
you have banners and posters and other associated items. Unfortunately
the US is so dispersed that with a few exceptions there aren't really
'local' teams.