[Ambassadors] Submit your request for Free Fedora DVD

Frank Murphy frankly3d at gmail.com
Fri Sep 5 12:36:36 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2008-09-05 at 14:13 +0200, Mathieu Bridon (bochecha) wrote:

> There are 2 things that are puzzling me about this:
> http://www.vglug.info/get-fedora-dvd
>
> First of all, having a nice web form to ask for free media is great.
> Couldn't we have that in the Fedora Infrastructure,

Ther's a mailist request form.

>  instead of spreading
> it in each countries ?

On  https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FreeMedia

It shows the different "country programs" all controlled by Fedora-Free
Media Project.

Beacause it was felt these coutries could be handles by the local
volunteers.

> Second, we're talking about Free Media program right ? Not about the
> vendors who want to distribute Fedora for profit (correct me if I'm
> wrong).
>
> However, the site specifies:
> "We will be charging you for the media and for shipping and handling
> expenses. (CD-Rs.15, DVD-Rs.25, S&H-Rs.35)"
> Charging for the shippingand the media ? o_O

Thats definatly a vendor to my eyes.

> Maybe that's what you wanted to talk about, but as the subject of the mail
> is "Submit your request for Free Fedora DVD",...

Slightly misleading..hopefully a typo.

Frank
Fedora Ireland Ambassador.