[Ambassadors] Ambassadors list

Mathieu Bridon (bochecha) bochecha at fedoraproject.org
Fri Sep 12 14:32:57 UTC 2008

Hi,

> I have a question for FAMSCo:  Can someone who is a well-known and
> active Fedora contributor join the fedora-ambassadors-list, without
> having to take on yet more Ambassador duties?

I might have missed some steps because all I needed to become an
ambassador was adding myself to a group, waiting to be accepted and then
send a "hi it's me" message. Not really a lot of trouble... :/

> Contributors are to me -- and I think to all Fedora community members --
> some of the strongest advocates for Fedora.

To me, they are already ambassadors. They just don't have the title of
Ambassador yet.

When I became an Ambassador, what I understood was that an Ambassador is
"someone who promotes Fedora". So contributors who are promoting Fedora
are ambassadors IMHO.

However, as it has already been said, The lists are already publicly
viewable, so there can't be any restriction of access and I have nothing
against someone subscribing to it without being an official Ambassador.

So, I have no objections to accepting subscribtions from non-Ambassadors,
but I really don't see why those contributors you are talking about could
not become Ambassadors.

Regards,

Mathieu Bridon (bochecha)
French Fedora Ambassador