[Ambassadors] Ambassadors list

inode0 inode0 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 13 15:28:55 UTC 2008

2008/9/13 JoergSimon <jsimon at fedoraproject.org>:
> Am Samstag, 13. September 2008 00:34:18 schrieb inode0:
>> > This is false, because Ambassador Group Membership requires Ambassador
>> > Mailinglist Membership i have to check every unsubscribe in FAS to be
>> > sure he is not a Ambassador. This will increase much.
>>
>> Unless it weren't even a requirement to belong to FAS, in which case
>> you wouldn't have to do any of this.
>
> in no case - do we want such a list. Discussions are for Marketing List? The
> Ambassadors List should be a coordination List - I would be pleased if you
> read my other Mail  to that issue, here are my intentions in detail:
> https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-ambassadors-list/2008-September/msg00291.html

I have read the entire thread. I understand that you and others see
the role of the ambassador list and perhaps the role of ambassadors in
a more restrictive way than I do.

I see the role of ambassadors as one empowered to take initiatives to
promote Fedora and I see the role of the ambassadors list as being the
place for discussion of whatever the ambassadors would like to discuss
with each other. And as a believer in open communication I don't mind
at all if non-ambassadors participate in discussions and would be
happy if barriers to such participation were lowered.

Once in a while it doesn't hurt us to take a second or third look at
the way things work. It allows us to act on what we've learned and
grow into more than we currently are. I don't think of this
conversation as more than that, I don't think anyone is trying to
upset the apple cart. Just asking for people to take a fresh look at
the structures we have in place and think about them with fresh eyes.
They may be what the group still wants them to be. But when they
aren't in some eyes it is good to take a look again. And while it
might seem tedious to explain why things are the way they are it does
help new ambassadors understand them better. Thank you for doing that
for all of us new ambassadors.

John