[Ambassadors] Regarding Advertisement of Fedora on TV

Juan M. Rodriguez nushio at gmail.com
Mon Sep 22 04:35:57 UTC 2008

2008/9/21 Jan Ekbom <jan.ekbom at gmail.com>

> I would certainly contribute with money for that purpose, if Red Hat spends
> their part.
>
> 2008/9/9 Shambo Bose <shambo.linux at gmail.com>
>
>> I cant remember correctly ( may be I am wrong) but I think I saw a
>>> advertisement of Linux on television few years back. If I am right, can we
>>> publish a Fedora Advertisement on television? Is it possible?
>>>

>> regards,
>>
>> Shambo Bose
>>
>> --

About a year ago (might've been months, Internet "news" are classified as
"ancient" if older than 6 hours) there was a huge discussion on /. regarding
a penguin in a F1 Formula Car. It costed several millions, was tiny, and the
driver crashed the car.

While I do not remember the details of the car, driver or cost, I do
remember that the general consensus was this: If you want to donate, donate
to the programmers that make things possible. While I'd LOVE to see a TV Ad,
I think having vids on youtube is "enough". What makes Fedora wanted are its
features, not a fancy ad that sells Churros on a shoe store.

Thats my 2 cents.

--
Ing. Juan M. Rodriguez Moreno
Desarrollador de Sistemas Abiertos