Re: [Ambassadors] The lack of quality video drivers is destroying Fedora.

On Tue, Sep 30, 2008 at 11:54 AM, "Sankarshan (সঙ্কর্ষণ)" <foss mailinglists gmail com> wrote:
Zachary Oglesby wrote:
> Sankarshan (¸™Í•°Í·£) wrote:
>> Shambo Bose wrote:
>
>>> I have also faced some questions from fedora users in my locality that :
>>> why mp3 music and some video formats cannot be played out of the box ?
>> And how did you respond to such questions ?
>
> Tell them the importance of free software and have them read about it on
> the GNU.org. Explain why patents are holding back software development
> and help them to understand why Fedora holds freedom so high.

Ah yes, I was more curious as to how Shambo responds to this questions -
the notion being to figure out whether the end users are comprehending
such concepts.

Hi,

I am currently telling users either convert their videos and other media format to ogg or I am recommending them to use the package which Movie player recommends to use .

Thank You.

your sincerely,

Shambo Bose