[Ambassadors] Fedora for Linux Newbies

Paul Mellors paul at paulmellors.net
Tue Apr 7 07:31:58 UTC 2009

Frank Murphy (Frankly3D) wrote:
> I have occasionally seen it said,
> that Fedora should not be installed for
> people, who have never come across Linux before.
> I believe this to be an urban myth.
>
> I have recently @Feb-March installed it to a laptop,
> for someone who was exactly that, never heard of Linux.
> He had a proprietry version of 2000 installed,
> which was refusing to boot.
>
> I suggested Fedora 10 to him, showed him my Laptop.
> He was sold, has only called me once since.
> How to copy photos over.
>
> He is now telling his local pub friends, of Fedora Linux.
>
> If you don't try, you will never know.
>

> Just thought I'd share.
> Frank

If you look at May's Linux Format [if you're in the UK] then they say
that Fedora 10 is their pick for everyday desktop

"Fedora might not be the easiest distribution to use, or the one with
the largest package respository, but we feel it represents the very best
that open source has to offer."

cheers
Paul