Yet another website? (Re: [Ambassadors] belux ambassadors meeting log 15th April 2009)

Christoph Wickert christoph.wickert at googlemail.com
Thu Apr 16 10:26:19 UTC 2009

Am Mittwoch, den 15.04.2009, 22:01 +0200 schrieb vincent van der kussen:
> belux ambassadors meeting log 15th April 2009

First of all: Please don't send logs to the mailing list but put them
onto your fedorapeople space and post the link, so people who use the
digest or the archives of this list can also read the log.

Regarding the webside you are planning: Is it supposed to hold content
that cannot be published at fedoraproject.org? If not, why not publish
the content at fedoraproject.org. We had this discussion 3 months ago
[1] and the result was, that we should focus on fedoraproject.org
instead of own websites.

Please don't get me wrong: I do understand the need for local
communities, and stated this point of view in the previous discussion.
The majority however did not support my arguments, so I have come to the
conclusion that we should focus on extending fedoraproject.org instead
of having different sites for each and every local community. IMO we
should coordinate our efforts to revive the plans to use a proper CMS on
fedoraproject.org.

Kind regards,
Christoph

[1]