Re: [Ambassadors] Mumbai, India Engg. Colleges interested in Fedora

Hi Ankit,

First I would request you to join fedora-india mailing list.

> Well, here is a little news, that is bright for us, a few Engg. Colleges in
> Mumbai, are keenly interested in going ahead, and having at least 1 Full
> Fledged Open Source Lab. ;)
> And through my contacts, i went ahead and pushed Fedora for the setup,
> currently the pipeline is at the “talks level”, but is very optimistic.

That's a good news. And if successfully done, will be a wonderful work.
Thanks for taking the initiative.

> We will need the following during the setup phase:-
> 1.     Complete setup guides, for novice users, which can be given to the
> lab incharges, along with network install guides and setup disks / Images.

Please have a look here http://docs.fedoraproject.org/
The setup/installation guide is there.

However, the user guide isn't there for F10.
I shall take it up with doc team, if there is any plan for a user guide for F11.

Setup disks/Images will not be a problem.

> 2.     A technical support hand a place where they can post their queries
> and interact.

They can ask any and all of their queries on fedora-india mailing list
or #fedora-india.
I can assure you, they will get all their answers. :)

> 3.     And (only if required) someone who can actually go to these colleges
> and help during the setup.

I think Debjit has already expressed his availability. I am cc'ing
fedora-india (sorry for x-post) for a few more people to help you out
with this.

> Post the setup of the labs, i expect there to be a requirement of say a
> training programme for students, in these colleges, or maybe (please pardon
> my ignorance) something like a fedora camp, or say a fedora centre for Open
> Minds, etc. Be setup in these colleges... i’m not aware of such programs and
> would request information from the mentors, on how to go about such a
> scenario.

You can organise a Fedora Activity Day,
more on this can be found out
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FAD and

As for fedora center, there is nothing such,
but you can push for a lug there and we will support it. (support may
not in terms of money.)

> Hope fully this development will bring us closer to our common goal J.

And one request, please don't send html mail to lists, change your
mail editor preference to plain-text while sending to the list.

Again, thanks for the good initiative.
I can assure you support from Fedora's part.
If you have any question, please ask.

Sent from Calcutta, WB, India