[Ambassadors] [Event Report] FLISoL Caracas 2009

María Leandro tatica at fedoraproject.org
Thu Apr 30 13:04:07 UTC 2009

Hello everyone.

As many of you know, I was a main organizer of Flisol Caracas this
year, and also worked with the local Fedora Team on their
presentation.

The Flisol had an estimated attendance of 1700 people, including 100
installers, 15 protocol and 15 sponsors. We had a hard day with 8
conferences and 12 workshops; as well as the first National tournament
of UrbanTerror (a freeware game) and a gpg key sign fest. At the
closing, we had the StarWars Club (Darth Vader and one StormTrooper)
playing around with the guys.

Fedora Venezuela installed a lot of machines and gave out 300
LiveDVDs, 50 bubble stickers and 50 vinyl stickers; and the users were
really happy with this. Pablo Hernandez (paceh) gave a workshop about
Fedora-USB installations and I gave a Conference about the Fedora
Community in Venezuela, and found a lot of new users.

I also want to say that we had two major interviews, one on national
radio and another on national tv (globovision) and in both of them,
Fedora was the centre of attention. This is really good...

Next year I'll be the National Organizer and I hope to set up the
first Fedora Venezuela General Meeting with all the fedora users in
the country. In the mean time, we'll have some workshops at several
universities, some stands at national conferences (3 stands) and a
special "B-day" for our community.

These are some of the photos... but I'm still waiting for more, and
the video of the TV appearance.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/tatadbb/sets/72157615817707690/

Bye!!!

--