[Ambassadors] FAmNA Meeting Summary from 2009-08-04

Larry Cafiero larry.cafiero at gmail.com
Wed Aug 5 16:22:41 UTC 2009

On Tue, Aug 4, 2009 at 9:10 PM, inode0 <inode0 at gmail.com> wrote:

>   - inode0 proposes that we sponsor the Utah Open Source Conference either
>     with remaining Q2 funds or if that isn't possible with Q3 funds and
>     this is approved after herlo explains in some detail what is happening
>     this year at UTOSC
>
>       http://2009.utosc.com

Sorry I was unable to "attend" last night's meeting -- my ancient Dell
wouldn't play nice with quaid's wireless and our girls had an appointment I
promised them at the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk.

Had I been there, I'd have emphasized my support that we sponsor UTOSC with
both Q2 funds, if they exist, and Q3 funds, if necessary. While it's great
to get new fests like NM going, it's also important that we keep established
fest healthy as well.

[Good thing I was unable to get on IRC last night, perhaps: It spared all of
you the stump speech about how RMS holds fests hostage by insisting they be
"GNU/Linux" fests by his mere presence. This opinion comes from yours truly
alone, Member No. 5030 of the FSF.]

Larry Cafiero