[Ambassadors] What to Do?

Joerg Simon jsimon at fedoraproject.org
Sat Aug 8 19:15:44 UTC 2009

On Saturday 08 August 2009 17:26:14 Frank Murphy (Frankly3D) wrote:
> I have come across a number of things,
> while following up on the quest for volunteers.
> b: We have come across a case of where, a prospective user who seems to
> be stuck on F8, has had emails\queries to his local Ambassadors ignored.
> and even alleges said Ambassadors know nothing of Fedora, and in fact
> use Ubuntu as their main OS of choice.

If i read the follow up of this topic i get scared! Setting up a central
instance(in whatever form) to report wrong behavoir? We are a group of peers
and i see no reason why we should establish such a platform of denouncing.

We had rotten apples in the past and solved this within our regional Groups.
Feel free to contact this person and try to help him. We have established a
regional net of mentors who can also help with their expirience to solve
conflicts. Trust is the Key for our work - we are a open system and we do self
regulate, no need for such platform.

> This is pleas for advise and direction from the list and even FamSco,
> (with some follow-up to Infrastructure re:a hopefully possible)

 FAmSCo is just an enabler not the inquisition. Hope this thread dies fast.

cu Joerg
--
Joerg (kital) Simon
jsimon at fedoraproject.org
http://kitall.blogspot.com
Key Fingerprint:
3691 0989 2DCA 58A2 8D1F 2CAC C823 558E 5B5B 5688