[Ambassadors] What to Do?

Frank Murphy (Frankly3D) frankly3d at gmail.com
Sat Aug 8 21:38:30 UTC 2009

On 08/08/09 20:15, Joerg Simon wrote:
> On Saturday 08 August 2009 17:26:14 Frank Murphy (Frankly3D) wrote:
>> I have come across a number of things,
>> while following up on the quest for volunteers.
>> b: We have come across a case of where, a prospective user who seems to
>> be stuck on F8, has had emails\queries to his local Ambassadors ignored.
>> and even alleges said Ambassadors know nothing of Fedora, and in fact
>> use Ubuntu as their main OS of choice.
>
> If i read the follow up of this topic i get scared! Setting up a central
> instance(in whatever form) to report wrong behavoir? We are a group of peers
> and i see no reason why we should establish such a platform of denouncing.

Stop being so melodramatic.
It is not about denouncing,
it is about transparency and accountability.
We are a group of peers true.
But do we not have a responsibility,
to live up to the best of what an Ambassador is.
Which is to promote Fedora as best we can.
That cannot be done by ignoring people.

 > We had rotten apples in the past and solved this within our regional
Groups.
> Feel free to contact this person and try to help him.
We have established a
> regional net of mentors who can also help with their expirience to solve
> conflicts. Trust is the Key for our work - we are a open system and we do self
> regulate, no need for such platform.

I hope treating the end-user\potential contributor as nothing.
Is not part of this. Customer Service 101.
Please do not play Ostrich, and bury your Head of this.

>> This is pleas for advise and direction from the list and even FamSco,
>> (with some follow-up to Infrastructure re:a hopefully possible)
>
>  FAmSCo is just an enabler not the inquisition.

FamSco is there to steer and give advice, not live in Mount Olympus.

 Hope this thread dies fast.

I sincerely hope it doesn't

Since this initial post, we have got back from An Ambassador,
about Ambassadors, who are not really in the scene.

Do you really want to steer, or just notice the glamour gigs.

Regards,

Frank