[Ambassadors] What to Do?

David Nalley david at gnsa.us
Sun Aug 9 04:54:50 UTC 2009

Significant snippage and inline reply follows

> Problem is, we still don't have a method for identifying which one of
> the existing ambassadors need more mentoring. I bet a whole lot of
> them will do better with it.

I agree wholeheartedly. The problem is how do we identify - we can't
exactly go door to door determining if people are indeed representing
Fedora well. How else can we realistically handle it?

> I know of someone, who, unable to convince a customer about
> openoffice, installed m$office 2007 using wine.
>
> When asked, he said he didn't know all the features of openoffice and
> the user insisted on some particular feature. So to stop her migrating
> back to win$, he did install m$office using wine.
>
> Surely, this is a case of ignorance and he needs more mentoring.
> Problem is, as I said, how do we know about these people? They aren't
> coming up on their own. So we need to think alternately.

I assume he is better off now having learned a bit. If that's the case
then I consider it a victory. Unfortunately we can't change the past,
only the future. If we improve that's good.