[Ambassadors] Who are the Regional Co-Ordinators?

Mathieu Bridon (bochecha) bochecha at fedoraproject.org
Mon Aug 10 12:15:35 UTC 2009

> Do we have regional Leaders / Organisators and also substitudes? Never met
> one afaik; on the other hand it was more than once discussed if there is a
> need of such "persons" and leadership.

I feel they are needed.

> The next question is, who "announces" such persons? Are they -by default-
> RH Employees; or are they "Community members"?

I think we don't need to nominate anyone.

Each region already settled and organize has its own leaders. No one
will question their leadership as they are the ones who were there
when you arived, who helped you getting started, or who are the most
active in organizing events, etc...

In France for exemple, I think everyone would agree that Thomas is
such a leader. He wasn't elected, it is just obvious for everyone that
he is. (this doesn't mean there aren't other, Thomas is just the one
that naturally comes to mind :).

I'm sure it works the same way in the other regions.

And if you're the first ambassador in your region, then there's a high
chance you'll be a "veteran" when your community will be formed, hence
a natural leader.

> What is the background of your question? Fedora EMEA e.V. can maybe "help"
> with some issues as long as you need the help of that "organisation" and
> I'm also sure the French NPO is also willing to help.

I think I can confirm on behalf of the french NPO that we could help
(depending on what you need of course :). However, we try to
concentrate ourselves on the french speaking countries, which is
already quite a lot ^^'

Best regards,