[Ambassadors] Fedora 11 Release Events Contest Winners Announcement

David Ramsey diamond_ramsey at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 10 16:33:56 UTC 2009

> Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2009 18:21:04 +0200
> From: fugolini at fedoraproject.org
> To: famsco-list at redhat.com; fedora-ambassadors-list at redhat.com; fedora-announce-list at redhat.com
> CC:
> Subject: [Ambassadors] Fedora 11 Release Events Contest Winners Announcement

Hello Everyone,

Greetings.  :)

Francesco, thank you for your posting.  :)

> It's my pleasure and honour to announce the F11 Release Events Contest
> winners: Kevin Higgins with the Vancouver, WA (USA) release event,
> Neville A. Cross with the Managua (NI) release event and, finally,
> Truong Anh Tuan with the Hanoi (VN) release event.

Kevin, Neville and Truong, well done!!!  :)

Ambassadors, together we do great things.  :)

> For the Fedora 11 release, FAmSCo wanted to give some of the
> Ambassadors who organized great release events an opportunity to
> attend a FUDCon or a FAD in their region, and to meet more of the
> community face to face. As such, we're going to be providing some
> sponsorship opportunities to some of the organizers of great Fedora
> release events.
>
> Our decision was based not only on the quality of the event, that sure
> was the base requirement, we also took care of the experience of the
> people and the potential they could express in future events and in
> the whole project, both in a regional and global perspective.
>
> For several releases now, Fedora Ambassadors have been organizing
> release events all over the world, becoming a natural component of our
> activity and showing us the maturity of the project. The purpose of
> these events is to promote the new release of Fedora, to raise
> awareness among local communities, and to educate users and developers
> on the most important features of the release.
>
> These release events are low-cost and are therefore easy to scale
> worldwide. As a means of encouraging these events, we have
> occasionally offered some sort of reward for the best events.
>
> FAmSCo wants to thank all the participants for their amazing job: stay
> sure that we will continue to encourage it.
>
> For future Fedora releases, we hope to do the same thing, and to
> spread the sponsorship around so that folks all over the world have
> opportunities to attend FUDCons. It is a high priority for us that we
> continue to grow Fedora Ambassadors all over the world.
>
> We are proud to have such great people on this marvelous team!
>
> Stay tuned
>
> On Behalf of FAmSCo
> Francesco Ugolini
>
> p.s. A special thanks goes to Joerg Simon for his detailed review of all the events.

Definitely, special thanks to Joerg Simon!!  :)

Please have a great day!  :~)

Thank You

Sincerely

=-=-=-=-=

- David -

=-=-=-=-=

David Ramsey

=

        Fedora Project's Japan & Maryland Ambassador dramsey at fedoraproject.org

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Dramsey

* Fedora 9 (Sulphur) kernel - vmlinuz-2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686

* Fedora 10 (Cambridge) kernel - vmlinuz-2.6.27.25-170.2.78.fc10.i686

* Fedora 11 (Leonidas) kernels - vmlinuz-2.6.29.6-217.2.3.fc11.i586  and vmlinuz-2.6.29.6-217.2.3.fc11.i686.PAE

With eight (8) x86_64 computing cores, 16 GB of RAM and SATA Seagate 7200.12 500 GB harddisk.

=