[Ambassadors] Re: Fwd: Ambassador Group

Joerg Simon jsimon at fedoraproject.org
Tue Aug 11 14:27:14 UTC 2009

Danishka,

next time, no need to send this to the Ambassador List.

On Tuesday 11 August 2009 15:01:35 Danishka Navin wrote:
> Hi Joerg,
> What is the point in removing his request?
> Are you getting bulk requests?
> He just request few weeks ago.

As you can read in the clean up message - it was also attached in your
previous email - your fellow has nothing done (in form of communication) to
pass the membership process.

https://fedorahosted.org/fama/ticket/93

Every Candidate gets an "Welcome Email"  with all the steps we expect to
fulfill. And this is also written here
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Ambassadors/Join
The Candidate has 14 day to pick a mentor and fulfill the other steps. The
mentor is able to extend the deadline for the approval process as long as
needed.

>  you should send him mail before removing his request.

No, we await the next step from the new candidate!

> Btw, I know about his contribution valuable than out side mentors, as he is
> from my region

There was not mentor involved here - no action to fulfill the membership
process was taken!
He can reapply if he thinks he is ready for the memberhip process.

cu Joerg

--
Joerg (kital) Simon
jsimon at fedoraproject.org
http://kitall.blogspot.com
Key Fingerprint:
3691 0989 2DCA 58A2 8D1F 2CAC C823 558E 5B5B 5688