[Ambassadors] :) T minus 14 days til 2010. Wishing you all a Happy New Year. :)

David Ramsey diamond_ramsey at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 17 04:36:16 UTC 2009

Hello Everyone,

Greetings. :)

:)  T minus 14 days til 2010.  Wishing you all a Happy New Year.  :)

Some news -

Looks like Fedora 10 (Cambridge) will go End Of Life (EOL) on December 17th -

http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-announce/2009-November/msg00018.html

Therefore, I am now only distributing Fedora 11 and Fedora 12 content.  :)

During this year, I have enjoyed Fedora 11 (Leonidas) and Fedora 12 (Constantine.)

Next year, I look forward to the release of Fedora 13 (Goddard) as well as Fedora 14 (name not determined yet.)  :)

With the New Year, I hope that we all may do some great things and aspire to work together to make great things possible.  :)

This may be more applicable to the fedora-freemedia listing but as information, this year, I have offered my Fedora media updates being done with bring me your USB stick and will update,

or

if you have the bandwidth, then download.  It's that easy!  :)

Trying not to save a tree, but a CD/DVD if you know what I mean.  Environment friendly.  :)

For those without the bandwidth access, DVD media is provided.  I think that is my mindset for media.  :)

Some food for thought ideas for the New Year, here goes:

Have you updated your Fedoraproject.org wiki page or other wiki page(s)?

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/

If not, then when you have some time let's do so.  :)

Some people who I have interacted with, sort of wonder/stumble upon content and wish that people's wikis as well as other content was updated.  If you see something wrong, then ask and/or self-initiative to update.  When there is time, this may be a good thing to do.  :)

Someone asked me about my vendor who does Fedora shirts, bags and hats in Queensboro who will ship with the U.S. as well as other countries.  :)

I have put that entry at this URL -

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Dramsey#Projects

Also, have you tried or referred others to the FedoraForum.org?

http://forums.fedoraforum.org/

I find this a most excellent resource for new as well as seasoned Fedora/Linux users.  :)

Have you tried accessing the IRC at #fedora-ambassadors?  :)

If not, then try.  :)

FYI, I am usually there on the weekend.  I look forward to chat.  :)

May we try to learn from the past and overcome obstacles in our future.  The power is yours to choose and do so.  :)

Alas, a closing thought -

Together teamwork works.  :v)

I have learned a lot from everyone and I think that is the essence of teamwork.  :)

Sending super positive "Fedora Energy" now from my computer to yours.  :v)

Please have a great day or evening! :~)

Thank You
Sincerely
=-=-=-=-=
- David -
=-=-=-=-=
David Ramsey
---------------------------------
十人十色
じゅうにんといろ
10 people 10 colors
Different strokes for different folks
=
Fedora Project's Japan & Maryland Ambassador dramsey at fedoraproject.org
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Dramsey
* Three dual core systems with 3.0 GB running the Fedora 12 (Constantine) kernel - vmlinuz-2.6.31.6-166.fc12.i686.PAE
* One dual core system with 3.0 GB running the Fedora 13 kernel - 2.6.32-1.9.fc13.i686.PAE
With eight (8) x86_64 computing cores, 16 GB of RAM and two SATA Seagate 7200.12 500 GB harddisks.
=