[Ambassadors] During some of my review of the Fedora 12 "Constantine, " Fedora 12 Talking Points. :)

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at redhat.com
Thu Dec 24 01:14:41 UTC 2009

On 12/24/2009 06:30 AM, Chitlesh GOORAH wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 24, 2009 at 1:50 AM, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
>> Not really. I don't think talking points are the place for either. If it
>> was a entirely new spin that hasn't been there before, it would be
>> useful to consider.  For existing spins like FEL, use the dedicated
>> pages like http://spins.fedoraproject.org/fel.
>
> The url of the talking point wiki page currently being discussed is :
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_12_Talking_Points
>
> That is: F-12 related. Please tell me how isn't it a place for either
> ? If it isn't as you said, I wonder what is the use of this wiki page
> then if it's not talking about anything?

The goal is to balance the content to the level that press and end users
won't be overwhelmed by a long list of features. It is for new features
in Fedora 12 that appeals to a *broad* audience.  FEL changes don't fit
into that.

> So you are assuming that if there are less users interested, why not
> drop marketing support for an active team which is doing its one
> marketing and trying to get maximum exposure for building a community
> around it?

I am not sure what that means exactly.  All I saying is that you should
focus your marketing efforts as a spin owner on the spin pages. It is
the best place for the content you wanted to highlight.

Rahul