[Ambassadors] During some of my review of the Fedora 12"Constantine, " Fedora 12 Talking Points. :)

Joerg Simon jsimon at fedoraproject.org
Thu Dec 24 12:40:41 UTC 2009

On Tuesday 15 December 2009 17:04:10 Mel Chua wrote:
> On 12/15/2009 08:49 AM, Paul W. Frields wrote:

> > On Tue, Dec 15, 2009 at 12:31:23AM -0500, David Ramsey wrote:
> >> There is some entry for Fedora Electronic Lab, eh?  I do not
> >> understand this for my presentation.

> > I'll revert that edit.

i think the better way would be to explain what relevance FEL has, to David.

> Thanks for the catch, David - and for the edit, Paul. Copying the
> Marketing list on this.
>
> The Talking Points that the Marketing team produces for our release
> deliverables are talking points for the Desktop (GNOME) Spin.

while some the arguments for spins maybe are valid and the work on the spins
pages is absolut great, i do not think that marketing has understand the
relevance of fel  - this is not just a spin, it is something really unique in
Fedora - no other Distribution has something mature like this related to
electronics. Chitlesh and the fel gang could go the easy way by just making a
remix with strange licences - but they work hard with the electronics
industrie to convince them to change licences to have it in fel or even become
contributors. It has also Ambassador Relevance - i could hire some of the most
brilliant contributors through fel, they came as normal software-, computer
enthusiasts and were more than happy i introduced fel to them - so i suggest
put it back - this has general relevance in some parts of the world!

cu Joerg

--
Joerg (kital) Simon
jsimon at fedoraproject.org
http://kitall.blogspot.com
Key Fingerprint:
3691 0989 2DCA 58A2 8D1F 2CAC C823 558E 5B5B 5688