[Ambassadors] During some of my review of the Fedora 12"Constantine, " Fedora 12 Talking Points. :)

Zoltan Hoppar hopparz at gmail.com
Thu Dec 24 13:12:21 UTC 2009

I say FEL has a worth to keep it on that list. However respins are also our
Fedorians work. If the licences are mixed, that doesn't mean that isn't
awesome, or hasn't worth to mention. I think if something unique are created
in respins then must to know the people.
Hell, we are try always to innovate, why is a shame that is Fedora based,
and our child?

Zoltan

2009/12/24 Joerg Simon <jsimon at fedoraproject.org>

> On Tuesday 15 December 2009 17:04:10 Mel Chua wrote:

> > > I'll revert that edit.
>
> i think the better way would be to explain what relevance FEL has, to
> David.
>
> > Thanks for the catch, David - and for the edit, Paul. Copying the
> > Marketing list on this.
> >
> > The Talking Points that the Marketing team produces for our release
> > deliverables are talking points for the Desktop (GNOME) Spin.
>
> while some the arguments for spins maybe are valid and the work on the
> spins
> pages is absolut great, i do not think that marketing has understand the
> relevance of fel  - this is not just a spin, it is something really unique
> in
> Fedora - no other Distribution has something mature like this related to
> electronics. Chitlesh and the fel gang could go the easy way by just making
> remix with strange licences - but they work hard with the electronics
> industrie to convince them to change licences to have it in fel or even
> become
> contributors. It has also Ambassador Relevance - i could hire some of the
> most
> brilliant contributors through fel, they came as normal software-, computer
> enthusiasts and were more than happy i introduced fel to them - so i
> suggest
> put it back - this has general relevance in some parts of the world!
>
> cu Joerg
>
> --
> Joerg (kital) Simon
> jsimon at fedoraproject.org
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/JoergSimon
> http://kitall.blogspot.com
> Key Fingerprint:
> 3691 0989 2DCA 58A2 8D1F 2CAC C823 558E 5B5B 5688

PGP:  06853DF7