Re: [Ambassadors] Fedora DVDs for Red Hat AUS

On Fri, Jan 30, 2009 at 08:32:36PM -0500, Max Spevack wrote:
> On Fri, 30 Jan 2009, Clint Savage wrote:
>
>>> https://fedorahosted.org/famnarequests/
>>
>> I also think we should send as many as would be the best pricing of *at
>> least* 40 discs.  I'd hate to send only 40 and them ask a week later for
>> another 40.
>>
>> Thoughts?
>
> Nice to send them some stuff to take care of the one-off request, of
> course.
>
> But my real thought is:
>
> Why aren't the RH folks in Australia just making their own, and (if
> necessary) asking for permission to charge it to the Community budget?

That's a good question, and I did ask them about it -- I think it's
simply a matter of the clock running low.  But if setup costs for a
small run would make these discs cost $5 apiece (just a hypothetical),
wouldn't you prefer to be footing the bill at <$1 apiece instead, as
long as they're not depleting our stock by the hundreds?