Re: RES: [Ambassadors] inactive ambassadors, a proposed solution

Rodrigo Menezes wrote:
Neville,

In a country with few members, a near country could monitor their actions
provide guidelines for they. As a worldwide program, the core doesn't know
how local users in each country works, but near country does, or should do.

We have a situation like that here in Chile, but we are participating in many events, and this year we're part of the organization of the biggest Linux related event in Chile, Encuentro Linux, in this event there will be more than 5 Universities participating and
also many communities, including the Debian's and Ubuntu's.

In 2008 event we represented Fedora, by giving a speech about Fedora, we made T-Shirts and gave DVD's to the public. We haven't participated here much, in part because of the
work we're doing for the upcoming event.

So I also think each country should try to make a self cleaning, as some Ambassadors don't speek English well enough to actively participate in this list and other projects, but are a great
contribution to their own country.

"Or when the group members have better communication to fedora at large that
among themselves?"

Why not create this communication for all group members? Off course USA will
talk directly with Fedora Core, but other groups should create this mature
local group to be stronger and accomplish bigger goals.

Cheers,

Rodrigo Menezes