[Ambassadors] Re: inactive ambassadors, a proposed solution

Roy Ong me at royong.com
Sat Feb 21 08:02:27 UTC 2009

On Sat, 2009-02-21 at 00:55 -0600, inode0 wrote:
> 2009/2/21 Ashiqur Rahman Angel <angel at linux.org.bd>:
> > On Sat, Feb 21, 2009 at 12:19 PM, inode0 <inode0 at gmail.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> I believe in free software, I was inspired by someone I admire, I
> >> believe in the Fedora Project's core values. Freedom. Friends.
> >> Features. First. I give way more than 10 minutes each day to the
> >> Fedora Project. Writing monthly reports was most definitely not on my
> >> list of reasons.
> >
> > What I meant, if you do anything for Fedora (no matter, its talking with
> > people or helping in Forum), then you can spend another 10 minutes to write
> > a report, at least in a month.
>
> Yes, I could choose to write a report once a month. But I don't. I
> make a different choice as do a lot of people about how we want to
> spend our time contributing. I suggest you lead by example and just do
> it. You don't need a rule.
>
> Reports are wonderful. Blogs are wonderful. Giving keynote addresses
> at conferences are wonderful. These things and hundreds more are
> wonderful ways an ambassador can contribute. None of them are
> required. We will all be happier if we can choose to contribute in
> ways we enjoy and if we are not required to do things we don't enjoy.
>
> John

I guess all the points that have been highlighted are valid in their own
ways. We all have different ways of fulfilling our duties as Fedora
Ambassadors. Some feel 10mins a month for report typing is justifiable
while others feel the 10mins a month could be better used. At the end of
the day, I think its now time for someone to come forth and make a
decision for the rest of the ambassadors to adhere. No silver bullet
here and every suggestion has its merits and accordingly, its own
downside.