[Ambassadors] Re: inactive ambassadors, a proposed solution

Paul-Marc Bougharios paulmarc at ieee.org
Sat Feb 21 22:26:19 UTC 2009

Hi all,

I consider myself one of those ambassadors who are quite active in their
community, but fail to "report back" on wiki's and blogs, or even reply to
mailing lists.

Not that I wouldn't want to write reports or chat with fellows from a
community I take pride to being member of, but I tend to spend my spare time
(if any) working on getting people to love Fedora.
I honestly barely have the time to read my emails, much less to reply to all
of them...

However, thus far, I have been able to reach thousands of university
students, did a seminar on "How to use Linux (Fedora) as a reliable OS", and
constantly am spreading the word around.
Heck, even my IT manager asked me a couple of days ago to give him both the
32 & 64 bit Fedora DVD's: our proxy servers will soon get what's best out
there to drive them: Fedora 10!  And maybe our workstations will be finally
fueled with the most productive OS one can lay hands on.

I side by inode0 with:
"...I suggest you lead by example and just do it. You don't need a rule."

And I think Roy's got a point:
"...At the end of the day, I think its now time for someone to come forth
and make a
decision for the rest of the ambassadors to adhere."

Until the next reply of this interesting (and long) thread, have a nice
weekend, all of you!
--
Take care,
Paul-Marc Bougharios, Engr